CURRENT TRAVEL TO ALASKA
The State of Alaska has no special entry or travel testing requirements. Beginning June 1, 2021, at participating airports, all travelers to Alaska will be eligible to receive a free COVID-19 vaccine.
To read the current traveler information HTTPS://COVID19.ALASKA.GOV/HEALTH-MANDATES AND the https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/
Covid-19 Booking & Cancellation Policy:
To book a raft tour full payment is required at the time of booking. Cancellations after time of payment will incur a 10% cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued for trips cancelled within seven days prior to the departure time.
- Touchless prepayment in full (online or over the phone) and online waivers.
- Denali Raft Adventures recommends guests wear masks in our office and while being transported. We highly encourage unvaccinated individuals to wear a mask per CDC recommendations or if wanted while with our company.
- Guests of Denali Raft Adventures are in close contact with unmasked vaccinated & unvaccinated individuals while at our office, in transport and on the river. To go rafting you must agree to accept the risks that certain aspects of the tour may pose an increased risk for exposure to Covid-19.
- If you have covid like symptoms get tested. If you test positive, provide your test results to get a refund less a 10% fee.
- To go rafting you must agree to notify Denali Raft Adventures if a member of your group tests positive for Covid 19 in a seven-day period after your raft trip.
What kind of lodging is available in Denali?
● Denali Cabins ( Open May 20 – September 15 2021) (Address:George Parks Highway Mile 229, ~ 7 mi from DRA) (phone #:1-800-808-8068) (https://www.alaskacollection.com/lodging/denali-cabins/)
● Denali Bluffs (Open May 17 – Sept 12, 2021) (https://www.denalialaska.com/)
● Denali Backcountry Lodge (Open June 4 – September 12 2021) (https://www.alaskacollection.com/lodging/denali-backcountry-lodge/)
● Mckinley Creekside (Open May 21 to Sept 11 2021) (www.mckinleycabins.com)
● Lakeview Inn (open) (https://www.denalilakeviewinn.com/)
● Aurora Denali lodge (open) (www.auroradenalilodge.com)
● Denali Dome home (open) (www.denalidomehome.com)
● Airbnb (open) (https://www.airbnb.com/denali-ak/stays)
● Denali Hostel (Open May 27 – Sept 7 2021) (www.denalihostel.com)
● Rainbow Village RV Park (motel, RV) (https://denalirv.com/)
● Crow’s Nest (Open May 21 to August 31 2021) (https://www.denalicrowsnestcabins.com/)
● Vacation Rental: https://www.vrbo.com/1232552
What else can I do in Denali that is open?
● Hiking, backpacking, camping
○ Denali National Park (https://www.nps.gov/dena/index.htm)
○ Denali State Park (http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/units/denali1.htm)
● Guided Hiking tours
○ Traverse Alaska (www.traversealaska.com)
● ATV excursions
○ Denali ATV – Open May 21 – Sept 7 2021 (https://www.denaliatv.com/) –
● Jeep excursions
○ Denali Jeep (https://www.denalijeep.com/)
○ Denali Zipline (https://www.denalizipline.com/)
● Mountain Bike Rental
○ Black Diamond (https://www.blackdiamondtourco.com/tundra-golf.html)
● Scenic Drives
● Flight Tours
■ Denali Air (www.denaliair.com)
● Bus Tours
○ Denali (https://www.reservedenali.com/)
■ Denali Backcountry Adventures (opening:June13th to Kantishna) (https://www.alaskacollection.com/day-tours/denali-backcountry-adventure/#)
● Chena Hot Springs (https://chenahotsprings.com/)
● Fountainhead antique auto museum (Fairbanks) (https://www.fountainheadmuseum.com/)
● Sled Dog demonstration and tours
○ Husky Homestead (https://huskyhomestead.com/)
● Fishing Tours
Our favorite dining options:
● 229 Parks http://229parks.com/
● Prospector’s Pizza
● Panorama Pizza
● Cafe at Creekside
● 49th state brewery
● Healy Thai (food truck)
● Great One Grocery Food Truck
● Black Diamond Restaurant
● The Prey (at Denali Cabins)
Ready to come to Denali? Here’s how you get here:
First you will need to fly into the state:
● Anchorage (ANC) is the largest airport, located about a 4hr drive South of Denali.
● Fairbanks (FAI) is a smaller airport with comparable fares, located only a 2hr drive north of Denali.
Pickup your rental car or taxi to the Train/Bus station
If you are not renting a car or driving yourself to the area, you can take a Train or Bus from Anchorage or Fairbanks to Denali:
● Train (available starting July 1st) (Alaska Railroad) (https://www.alaskarailroad.com) (800-544-0552)
○ Anchorage to Denali is an appx 8hr ride
○ Fairbanks to Denali is an appx 4hr ride
○ Return trips are available to get you back to the airport
● Bus (available starting July 1st)(Park Connection) (https://www.alaskacoach.com) (800-266-8625)
○ Anchorage to Denali is an appx 4hr ride
○ Fairbanks to Denali is an appx 2 hr ride
If you are renting a car, head 2 hours south on the George Parks Highway. Denali Raft Adventures is located at Mile Marker 238.6 on a strip of business just outside Denali National Park (Mile Marker 237.4)
If you have arrived in the area without your own transportation, most local hotels and lodges have arranged shuttles to pick up guests from the train / bus station. Unfortunately there is no taxi service in the local area and Uber / Lyft is typically unavailable. Please be sure to arrange your travel beforehand. When it comes to the day of your trip, we do offer pickup from local Denali lodging but please place this request at least a few days in advance.